Sunday, July 24, 2011

SCHOOL HOLIDAY CRAFT PROJECT

We decided to make some paper mache puppets over the holidays!! who knew it would take the entire 2 weeks just to make them !!!
The kids got bored of the sticky stuff after about an hour.. I forgot how long it takes to do this :(

Here are our paper mache balloons!!  After about 4 hours we finally finished with the stick side of things!! They took nearly 2 days to dry out in front of the heater... They were hanging off my ironing board, so *sigh* no ironing for me today :)

Starting to take shape !!! several rolls of masking tape and cardboard later.... not to mention the panadol and coffee!!


Jordyn's puppet head !! Painted and decorated !!


Clayton's puppet head.... he got a bit bored so mum did most of the decorating !!


Clayton's finished puppet !! He was so pleased he wanted to make another !!!!


One very happy little boy.. He can't wait to take it to school for news .....


Here is Jordyn with her creation. We even made a skirt for her !!!

I forgot to mention that Jordyn had a go on the sewing machine.. She did ok.. she liked putting her foot down  !! should this scare me???????? 
All in all, I had a great time with the kids... even though the house is now covered in paint, glue and glitter !!  Oh well, guess it gives me something to do when they go back to school!!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you guys for tackling this project...the puppets turned out great...Not what I thought you were doing at all lol.

    Blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete